In Celebration of National Running Day on June 6, 2018, click here to see a study done 4 years ago on the benefits of running. Not just for you, but the world.
Among the findings:
- $130 billion in health care savings
- $47 billion added to the national GDP
- Nearly 2 billion pounds of total weight loss
- 10 percent increase in household earning potential
- 5 million fewer hospital visits
- Up to 46 percent fewer homeless
- 20 million more great grandmothers
- 7 billion more hours spent outside
- 63 million happier dogs
The best part of running is that it doesn't require special equipment and can be done anywhere, with anyone. Plus it results in 46% fewer homeless. The Skid Row Running Club is proof that the power of running can have on getting the homeless back on their feet.